Didn’t keep up with the news last week? Here’s everything you missed from July 16 to July 22, condensed down.
- Bloodbath has turned in their new album to Peaceville Records, but hints that they may have undergone a lineup change.
- Vocalist Erlend Hjelvik quit Kvelertak over differences in “individual goals, needs and motivations.” Kvelertak has since recruited new vocalist Ivar Nikolaisen, who appeared as a guest on their 2010 song “Blodtørst,” and promises a new album in 2019.
- The Ocean is plotting a double album, their first release since 2013, with the first half due out likely in November.
- Killswitch Engage vocalist Jesse Leach is back in the studio for a new album. Leach underwent emergency vocal cord surgery earlier this year, postponing both the album and tour plans.
- Terrorizer just completed their first new album in six years due out this fall. Terrorizer is currently Pete Sandoval (ex-Morbid Angel), bassist and vocalist Sam Molina (ex-Infernaeon, ex-Monstrosity) and guitarist Lee Harrison (Monstrosity, ex-Atheist, ex-Malevolent Creation).
- In Flames is demoing a new album that vocalist Anders Fridén claims has “more similarities to Sounds Of A Playground Fading.” In Flames has also still not replaced bassist Peter Iwers.
- The Number Twelve Looks Like You is demoing their first album since 2009.
- Voivod stays weird on their new song “Obsolete Beings.”
- Born Of Osiris dropped a new song that’s certainly a Born Of Osiris song.
- Black Tusk‘s new song “Scalped” is punk rock ripper, though its mid-paced opener betrays its actual fury.
- Anaal Nathrakh brings more straightforward industrial and less grindcore on their song “Forward!” Unexpected, but well done.
- Drawn And Quartered will release their first new album in six years this Friday and their new song “Nefarious Rites” should make you plenty stoked for that pile of gore.
- Bosse-De-Nage returns with a raw, slightly proggy and very blackened new track “Crux.”
- Krisiun‘s “Demonic III” is Krisiun as always – relentless death metal.
- The new Scorched track “Exhibits Of Torture” is completely and utterly vile.
- Trappist continues to pump out furious hardcore songs about beer.
- Get your progressive, low-tuned crushingness on with Hadal Maw.
- Behemoth announced a North American tour with At The Gates and Wolves In The Throne Room for October and November in support of their currently-unannounced new album.
- Cannibal Corpse, Hate Eternal, and Harm’s Way are set to obliterate North America this November.
- After The Burial will play Rareform and The Acacia Strain will play Continent in full on their tour together this October.
- The Black Dahlia Murder, Khemmis, and Trappist added to the lineup for Decibel Metal & Beer Fest: Los Angeles this December.
- Revocation, Archspire, Soreption, and Rivers Of Nihil due to hit Europe for a tour this December.
- Gwar, Hatebreed, Ringworm, and Miss May I will embark on the The Gore, Core, Metal & More Tour this October.