Didn’t keep up with the news last week? Here’s everything you missed from July 30 to August 5.
- Ché Aimee Dorval revealed she and Devin Townsend are doing another Casualties Of Cool album.
- Good news! The new Sunn O))) album is done. Bad news! You have to wait until 2019 to hear it.
- You won’t have to wait another six years for a new Mournful Congregation album, as the band is writing the follow-up to this year’s The Incubus of Karma right now.
- Arch Enemy pushed their North American tour with Goatwhore and Uncured to an unspecified time in 2019.
- Zao has two new 7″ releases planned for this year.
- Gotta say, the new Behemoth track “God=Dog” is pretty disappointing.
- Aborted‘s new song “TerrorVision” features Septicflesh‘s frontman.
- Primitive Man‘s new song “Naked” is very happy and not at all terrifying.
- Bummer‘s new song “Fred Savage 420” is very quiet and not at all fun.
- New Fórn is very fast and not at all slow and gloomy. Alright, enough of this.
- The new Beyond Creation song “The Inversion” has so many notes.
- Sumac dropped a new song called “Attis’ Blade” and it’s a sixteen-minute mix of improv and structured nastiness.
- Don’t sleep on the steamrolling doom of The Skull (Trouble, Witch Mountain, Cathedral).
- Windhand‘s new song “Grey Gardens” is pretty much what you’d expect from Windhand three albums in.
- The Primals (Darkest Hour, ex-Dead To Fall) dropped their grungy, loud debut track “Fortune & Sons.”
- Speaking of killer supergroups, Erosion (Baptists, ex-3 Inches Of Blood) came back after five years on “Human Error.”
- Zevious (Dysrhythmia, Sabbath Assembly) brought forth the chunky instru-metal prog on “Ritual Based Symmetries.”
- Cast The Stone (Misery Index, ex-Cattle Decapitation) plagues people with light on “A Plague Of Light.”
- The Black Dahlia Murder will tour the U.S. this November and December with a rotating cast of openers such as Power Trip, Pig Destroyer, Ghoul, Midnight, Khemmis, Gost, Skeletal Remains, Devourment, and Havok.
- Prophecy Fest will take place November 2 and 3 at The Knitting Factory in Brooklyn and will include Eye Of Nix, Alcest, Volur, Novembers Doom, Kayo Dot, Year Of The Cobra, and more.
- Alcest also announced a handful of dates leading up to Prophecy Fest.
- Go see Vein with sanction, Fuming Mouth, and Judiciary this September.
- Amiensus and Ashbringer will hit the North American West Coast this September.
- Ulsect and Zhrine will tour Europe this December.
- Beyond Creation, Gorod, Entheos, and Brought By Pain will hit up Europe and the UK this November.
- Behemoth will be taking At The Gates and Wolves In The Throne Room with them to Europe in 2019.